Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Why should I use a professional to manage my property?
Every landlord has a different reason for hiring a property manager. Here are just a few that our landlords have provided for why they hired Realty Professionals Of Florida
- We handle maintenance and emergency repairs, so you are not bothered.
- We enforce collection of rents and serve the proper notices upon failure to pay.
- We understand and apply the correct federal, state, and local laws, keeping you and your investment out of trouble. As we have an attorney on retainer to help with this process
- We have the knowledge and experience in this market and we have built an extensive network of contacts, and have advertising resources in place at discounted rates to allow us to me effective, efficient, and timely in getting your home rented to a qualified Tenant.
- We save you time while keeping you safe as we show your property to potential tenants.
- We manage your property as a business helping to eliminate the emotional and personal feelings that often cause owners to lose money
- 2. Do you provide me with a monthly statement of activity on my property?
Yes, we will provide you a monthly report of rent collected along with any other income received, as well as maintenance, repairs, and other expenses incurred. This will be provided once per month via email. Please click here to view a sample of our Monthly Owner Statement. We will also provide you with 24/7 access to view and print your account information via a secure email system. This will help to keep you informed at all times.
- 3. What type of properties does Realty Professionals Of Florida manage?
We will manage single family homes, condos, townhomes, and villas up as well as multi unit complexes and commercial or industrial centers. We have the knowledge, and ability to handle your property while still providing quality customer service. If you have a property you want managed, just give us a call and lets talk about how we can help!
- 4. Do I have to allow pets, smokers, large families, etc.?
We comply fully with the Fair Housing Act. This means that you cannot choose to disallow anyone that is a member of a protected class under the act. You can however choose to disallow pets, or not permit smoking in your home. Local housing authorities allow for 2 people per bedroom to live in a home, so a 3 bedroom home can have up to 6 total occupants.
- 5. How are after hours emergencies handled?
We provide all of our tenants will our personal cell phone numbers, which allows access to our property managers 24 hours a day. We also provide all tenants upon moving in to your property with a “Tenant Handbook” which discloses how to handle emergencies. We expect the tenants to call 911 first and then to call us. Should there be an emergency at your property. We will immediately get in touch with the proper authorities and or repair person, and then notify the owner during daylight hours.
- 6. How does Realty Professionals Of Florida advertise my property?
Realty Professionals Of Florida advertises available vacancies through the internet, signage at the property, and print media. In the era of technology, Exit Realty has found that most rentals are sought online by prospective tenants. With our cutting edge technology we are able to easily advertise online with one-click of the mouse on the following websites:
- And much more!
In total your property will be seen on over 35 websites as well as the local MLS service which allows 18,000 realtors in Central Florida to know that your property is available for rent.
- 7. Are there any start up fees or hidden fees associated with your service?
No! The commission we charge is a full service commission for all the work required to manage your property. We will ask you to provide a $300 reserve account set up when we start our relationship together. However this is not a fess as the $300 is always your money as it will appear on your monthly statement as such. The reserve account it for any repairs that might be needed at your property and the expense of those repairs will be deducted from the reserve account and then replenished from your rent collected on a monthly basis. Should you have no repairs needed your reserve account will never be touched and if you decide to no longer use your property as a rental then the reserve account will be refunded to you.
- 8. How do I sign up for service with Realty Professionals Of Florida?
This process of signing up for our service is an easy one. If you are local, we would love to meet you at the property and complete the property inspection and paperwork at that time. During this inspection, we will ask questions about the property, take pictures, put up signs, and place a lockbox on the property. Please have keys available at this time to provide us with.
If you are not local, then we will send you the documents via, email, Fax, or U.S mail. As soon as you get them back to us with a way to access your property we will get the inspection completed and then start to advertise and market your property.
Of course we encourage you to call or email us should you have any questions you would like immediate answers to. We look forward to hearing from you soon, and working with you into the future.