Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Why should I rent from your company?
We are a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous property management company. We work very hard to provide the highest quality resident services you'll ever experience.
- We use professional vendors (painters, handymen, plumbers, carpet cleaners, etc) to ensure that your unit is in good condition. We inspect the work performed to ensure that everything is ready before you move in.
- We are available to handle emergency maintenance repairs.
- We provide detailed Move-in and Move-out Inventory forms for proper documentation of the condition of your rental.
- All deposits that are retained by us are kept in a FDIC insured bank Escrow Account.
- When you sign your lease, you have a meeting with your property manager to go over all parts of the lease to help ensure that everyone is aware of their responsibilities under the lease.
- All our property managers are licensed real estate professionals according to state requirements.
- We will provide you will a tenant handbook which will explain in plain text how things work in your new home and what to do in case of an emergency.
- 2. How do I apply to rent?
You can apply directly from our website or if you feel more comfortable, come into the office and complete a paper application. We might need some additional information for your such as paycheck stubs, drivers license copies, ect. We will gladly make copies free to charge here at our office.
- 3. Will I sign a lease?
Yes, for most of our properties you will sign a 7-12 month. We will go over each part of the lease to ensure you understand it before you sign it. We must have an accepted application, a signed lease binder along with your security deposit before we will order the lease from our lawyers. Once you sign the lease and provide us with your first months rent payment we will provide you with the keys and access to the property. Welcome Home!
- 4. What if I have a maintenance request?
ALL non-emergency requests for maintenance MUST BE in writing. If you are a tenant in one of Realty Professionals Of Florida’s properties we ask that you please submit a written maintenance request. This can be performed by submitting one of our forms which you complete in full by hand and then dropping it off at the office or you may email or fax it in to us. The second option you have is to visit our website (www.exithomerentals.com) and complete a request for maintenance on the website. The request will automatically be emailed to your property manager. If you require maintenance that is NOT an emergency, we will process it as soon as possible. Please note that non-emergency maintenance requests are processed on a first come first serve basis based upon order of importance in avoiding damage and costs to the properties, not based on comfort. Please know we will make every effort possible to get the repairs made in a timely manner. Please review our Tenant Procedures Handout and Maintenance Guidelines for any further questions.
- 5. Can I be assured that the property I want to rent is not in foreclosure?
We cannot guarantee this, however we try our best to protect our tenants from this problem. Prior to renting the property to you, we will conduct a public records search to verify that the property does not have a foreclosure served upon it. We will also speak directly with the property owners and ask the direct question of foreclosure. If both our attempts come up clean with no pending foreclosure proceedings then we will feel comfortable renting the property. This does not mean however that 6-8 months down the road a foreclosure might not appear without our knowledge. Rest assured that in a case like that you security deposit is safe in our escrow account and usually the time it takes to foreclose on a property would still allow you to live out the length of your lease.
- 6. Once I submit my application will the property be held for me?
No, We will only hold the property for a tenant after their application has been approved and they have signed a lease binder and paid the security deposit. At that time the property will be taken off the market and held until the agreed move in date.